Opportunities for Exceptional and Purpose-Driven Tutors
Hiring Energetic, Reliable tutors!
Pay starts at $19/hour
We at College Tutors of Indiana/Spark Tutoring, firmly believe that nearly all students are capable of proficiency. In fact, we feel most students are capable of accomplishing more than they think they can, and personal, one-on-one tutoring can be instrumental in helping students to realize their full potential.
Proficiency means opportunity, and that is why we love to tutor!
If this resonates with you, and you love helping students overcome challenges, achieve their goals (sometimes helping them to define their goals), while building confidence, let’s set up some time talk…
Private, one-on-one in-person tutoring in our Carmel Learning Center:
- Math tutors
- History tutors
- Language Arts/Writing tutors
- SAT Prep tutors
- Must be able to tutor in-person at our Carmel Learning Center at least two days/week, after school. Weekend availability is a plus.
High Dosage Tutors to tutor on-premises at our partner schools:
This is a unique, on-premises tutoring model that offers consistent and steady hours. Our tutors are making a lasting impact on their students and find this position to be extremely fulfilling. Available days and hours range from during school days, Monday through Friday, 9:30am – 3:30pm, or before and/or after school hours. Tutors must be able to tutor at least two of the available five days/week.
Must Have Competencies:
- Believes in the potential of all students and has a natural drive to help each student achieve their academic goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Consistently reliable (you don’t need to be told that showing up on-time – consistently – is a must).
- Communication Skills: ability to listen to others, provide appropriate feedback, communicate professionally to develop, and maintain successful work relationships.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- can build rapport with students
- ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A degree from a college or technical school or currently enrolled in higher education institution, pursuing a degree in Education or a degree aligned with desired tutoring subjects
- Minimum 3.00 GPA
- Has experience tutoring and/or teaching
- NOTE: If you have no formal tutoring experience but do have experience with helping colleagues, family members, or friends with their schoolwork, we do consider strong candidates with limited tutoring experience.
- Must have source of reliable transportation
- Is available to complete the entire semester for considered tutoring assignment
- Must pass a background check